Friday, June 10, 2011

WELL FED

All day long it felt like Friday to me. It's 12:20am and I'm still pretending I don't have to go back to work tomorrow. That should be nice and painful at about 7:30 tomorrow! I think this feeling is stemming from the fact that we have taken 2 3-day weekends in a row, making this the first full work week I've had in a while. What a whiner, huh??

Today was Nick's dad's birthday, which meant we got to go to his parents' for dinner. I'd rather not cook on weeknights, so I was pretty excited. And man oh man when we got there the smell of barbeque was in the air! Nick's mom went all out with beer-brined barbeque chicken, slow-cooked ribs (in the smoker!) and of course all the fixings -- coleslaw, potato salad, and baked beans. I would love to be able to stay at home and cook all of these amazing dishes all day. Did I mention the coconut cake? She is my hero! We had a great evening sccchhelebrating Jerry's special day with family. 

 The yummy meats. Did you know I used to be a vegetarian?
Thank goodness I've moved on!

 Coconut Cake!

And the birthday boy! Happy Birthday Jerry!


No comments:

Post a Comment